Spinning is a 200-year old craft depending largely on skill and experience. It is an inexpensive alternative for creating metal parts without the need for stamping or drawing work. Numerous industries utilize metal spinning to produce an array of parts ranging in various shapes and sizes. Hy-Grade utilizes Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machines to manufacture complex metal parts repeatedly at fast speeds and high volume with a significant reduction in turnaround time. CNC machines also increase accuracy and decrease production costs. See below for more details.
- Dimensional Capabilities: From 0.25” to 94” in diameter, metal spinning offers a tremendous size range.
- Materials Spun: Steel, aluminum, copper, brass, and stainless steel are commonly spun. Titanium, nickel, monel, inconel, silver, and other exotic metals may also be spun.
- Markets Served: Hy-Grade services the entire North American continent. Our customers range from New England states to the Rust Belt states, and the East coast to the Southwest coast.
- Volume: Long-run and short-run spinning metal parts typically range from 10 to 10,000 parts.
- Turnaround: Generally four weeks. Time may vary for new jobs requiring tooling work.
- Tooling Services: Hy-Grade has full service in-house tool manufacturing capabilities. We also hold and store your tools for current and future productions.
Types of Parts Spun: HVAC, antiques, ecclesiastical, lighting, electrical, and miscellaneous parts. Click Photo Gallery page to view parts.