Hy-Grade Metal Products has been providing metal spun parts since 1918. Our experience and knowledge of the spinning process, combined with the use of CNC equipment, make us a leader in the industry.
This condenser fan shroud is used in the air conditioning units of subway and rail cars. It surrounds the main fan for each air conditioning unit. Using 14 gauge (.074”) cold rolled steel, these part were sheared, circled, spun and machined to tolerances of +/-.030”.
These inlet cones have outside diameter of 31.430”, an inside diameter of 27.920” and an overall height of 3.980”. Parts are visually and dimensionally inspected during the process to insure a consistent finish and the rings are to spec. We will typically provide 30-50 of these items per run, often up to 250 pcs. Lead times are within 4 weeks.
You can find out more information on these condenser fan shrouds below or you may contact Hy-Grade Metal by phone (315-475-4221) or email us.
Condenser Fan Shroud Fabrication Properties and Highlights
- Product Name
- Shroud, Condenser Fan — SEPTA
- Product Description
- Surround the main fan in air conditioning units on subway and rail cars.
- Industry of Use
- Subway and Rail Car Industry
- Capabilities / Processes
- Equipment Used for Manufacture
- Material Used for Manufacture
- 14 gauge (.074" thick) Cold Rolled Steel
- Overall Dimensions
- 31.430" O.D.
- Tightest Tolerances
- +/- .030"
- Raw Spun Finish
- In Process Testing / Inspection Perfomed
- Material inspection/Gauge inspection
- Typically 30 – 50 pieces per run, sometimes up to 250 pieces per run
- Turnaround Time
- 4 weeks to make tooling and order quantity
Parts are complete and ready for ship when needed at 25 per month
- Delivery Location
- Binghamton, NY – U.S.A
- Standards Met
- Per Customers Specifications